Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Love Spencer Lake!

I just got back from a week as a Jr. High Camp counselor at Spencer Lake Youth Camp.  I grew up a mile away from Spencer Lake, my mother has worked in the youth department in our district almost all of my life and have grown up looking forward to camp every summer.   I’m not gonna lie; I was terrified about spending a week with Jr. Highers, but it was an incredible week.  It was so much fun!  My body was exhausted when I came home, but I was completely renewed in my heart.  I cannot remember the last time I felt so full of life.  What an incredible week!  I saw God work some beautiful responses in kids and was able to become friends with the absolutely wonderful girls in my cabin and the guys from our church. 

 

My weeks at Spencer Lake Camp have been filled with defining moments in my Christian walk, amazing times of spiritual clarity and so much fun.  This year was no different.  Spencer Lake did not disappoint.  What a great opportunity it was for me and I am so grateful I was able to go.

No comments: